- Single basket strainers up to 8” pipe size available
- Standard 150 PSI ASME Code construction
- Compact multi-basket designs eliminate tall, difficult-to-remove baskets to save space and for ease of cleaning
- Standard Stainless Steel basket material has 9/64” diameter perforations, offering 50% open area (mesh lined also available)
- Easy-to-remove baskets and quick opening, swing-type head cover, promote fast cleaning and filter change-out (hydraulic lid lifter also available)
- Up to 6000 GPM flow rate
About Basket Strainers
FSI strainers are designed and built to the same standards as other FSI vessels. Durable, ASME Code construction, an efficient in-line and offset style design, and inlet/outlet ports from 2” up to 16” provide the economical solution to most industrial straining requirements. Typical applications include water and waste treatment industries, power generation plants, and the marine, paper, pharmaceutical and food industries.
An important design element to consider in a basket strainer are the free open areas. This is the ratio of open area through the strainer basket to the cross sectional area of the pipeline. FSI strainers provide at least an 8 to 1 ratio. Anything less may cause additional pressure drop.
- 304 stainless steel
- 316 stainless steel
- Carbon steel
Number of Baskets
Single or Multi-Basket
Maximum Operating Pressure
150 PSI (10.34 Bar)
Design Temperature Range
Carbon Steel: 20 to 500°F (-6 to 250°C)
Stainless Steel: -20 to 250°F (-28 to 121°C)
Carbon Steel: Carbon Steel
Stainless Steel: May contain some plated Carbon Steel materials
Number of Gaskets
2" to 16" Flange
Carbon Steel: Acrylic enamel painted exterior
Stainless Steel: Light sand blast
ASME Sect VIII
Options & Accessories
- Recommended for most conditions up to the maximum temperature of the material.
- Fair. May be acceptable, but testing is recommended.
- No data available. Customer testing required.
- Not recommended.
How to Order
Locate your representative or call 1.800.348.3205.